Working within the guidelines of best practice outlined by the Warwickshire Safeguarding Children’s Board (WSCB) we deliver this commitment through:
- Implementing and demonstrating best safeguarding practice when staff, volunteers or others are providing services, activities and programmes for children and young people.
- Working with partners to establish and implement agreed, consistent minimum safeguarding standards across Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire.
- Maximising our influence to promote safeguarding practice and principles within our wider partnership roles and relationships.
- Providing safeguarding training, support and guidance to anyone who works/volunteers with children and/or young people
- All our staff and volunteers are subject to enhanced Police criminal record checks (DBS)
- We ask for a minimum of two references for all staff and volunteers
- We work with partners and agencies to ensure that we keep up-to-date with legislation, new threats and best practice.
- All our staff and volunteers are trained in Child Protection and Safeguarding
- We notice things – we operate under a commitment of concern for all young people
- We share concerns as appropriate with other agencies that can help
- We tell young people that we may need to pass information onto others if we are concerned for their welfare or if they tell us that they are at risk of harm.
Please download and read our Safeguarding Policy. WAYC encourages you to be aware of and comment on a range of Safeguarding & Protecting Children policies and procedures. So if you have any comments or queries on any Safeguarding and Protecting Children matters please contact our Designated Safeguarding Officer: